Saturday, May 11, 2013

Handpainted Wooden Bird

Flora Belle
On a recent trip to Michael's, my friend and I came across an aisle full of wonderful springtime, wooden objects...I ended up buying wooden pinwheels, heart shaped wooden stakes with slate on the front, a birdhouse, a flower and this cute little bird...I painted Flora Belle for a 'just because' gift for my sister...I used acrylic paints and gave her a coat of matte finish...

This was a fun project to do... I do wish I had got myself a bird, too, so I will have to go back and get one or two, or three more...They're just so darn cute...Thanks for stopping by today...I love when you drop by for a visit...Kathy

7 comments:

Rita said...

This is just darling...I bet you do wish you have gotten yourself one...they are cute as can be.

Vic said...

So cute!

Mzplcdokie said...

Very cute and sure to be a pick me upper!

Lisa Howell said...

How cute!!

Penny Duncan said...

Oh how cute!!!! I know your sister will treasure this!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Your bird is adorable! I admire your handpainting ability.

Kerry said...

How adorable! I think I'll have to take a drive to Michaels. I'm now so lucky to be within 10 minutes of AC Moore, Michael's and JoAnn's. But gotta watch that disposable (disappearing) income!