Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rose Shaped Card

This rose card and matching envelope is for a swap over in my ArtHaven group...We were to make a card in any shape but a rectangle and also include a matching envelope...So, I got out my watercolors and started playing around...I drew the rose on a piece of folded watercolor paper, then I cut the shape out, with really sharp scissors, leaving the fold a bit intact at the top for opening...I then did my painting with tube watercolors and watercolor pencils...I did a little more painting on the envelope to match the card...

I really enjoyed this swap and I'm hooked on watercolors again after a long time of not using them...I actually couldn't find them at first, but there they were tucked away in a drawer that I have no recollection of putting them in...LOL   Whew!!! So glad I found them..

I'm going to paint some more flower cards soon... It's my thing right now...It feels so good to be painting again..I hope you like my rose card and that it makes you feel springy...Thanks so much for stopping by...I just love when you come to visit... Happy Easter Everyone!!!!    Kathy

6 comments:

Alicia B said...

Just Gorgeous! *Hugs*

Tammy D said...

Wow Kathy that is just gorgeous!

Vic said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW this is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Diann said...

This beautiful card is coming to me and I love it! It's one of those treasures that I'll always keep...thanks, so much, Kathy! Diann

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous!!!!