Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cards..Vintage Snow Lady, Skating Couple..

 I have finally finished my Christmas cards for this year..I would like to have made more but time ran out..So, I am posting two today and some more tomorrow..This first card is my favorite, I think..I love this pretty Victorian lady in the snow holding her muff..The gorgeous background papers are from Graphic 45 and I think they have a nice antique look to them..I framed the picture with a gold paper border and added a piece of pretty vintage lace at the bottom..The snowflakes have blue gems in the center and there is lots of glitter on the card..If you click on the picture you can see it better..I rounded the corners to soften the look and I think it makes the card look more vintage..
 I also love this old fashioned ice skating couple..I used two different blue papers for the background to give a wintry feel to the card and added a piece of paper doily to the bottom, which kind of reminds me of snowflakes..The two adhesive snowflakes are very sparkly and give a bit of an icy feel..I love rounding the corners of these cards, it just goes with the look, I think....I'm finding both cards show up much better, for some reason, if you click on the pictures..

Thank you for stopping by to see my Christmas cards..There are more to come..Kathy

3 comments:

Alicia B said...

SO pretty Kathy, I know the recipients will treasure them! *Hugs*

Tammy D said...

These are just gorgeous. My favorite style!

Dorothy said...

Awesome cards!!