Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Purple Pocketbook Card

Today is my aunt's birthday and she adores the color purple, so I made her a very purple pocketbook card...The base paper is a purpley, pink color with a little gold design..I added the pretty, white lace to brighten it up, a large purple, paper flower and two tiny, darker, fabric purple flowers...I distressed the edges with Victorian Velevet distress ink to give it some depth..Some white pearls and a pink ribbon handle finishes everything off...She was very happy with it, so all is well...

It is a gorgeous day here in Massachusetts...I can feel the change from summer to autumn starting already...Can't wait for apple and pumpkin time and, of course, Halloween... I love autumn!!!

I appreciate your kind comments about my art and enjoy your visits to my blog so much...Thank you and I'll be back soon with more art...Kathy





4 comments:

Alicia B said...

What a super cute and fun card! I know your aunt had to just love it! *Hugs*

Tammy D said...

Very cute! I love it! Of course purple is soooo way cooler than pink! ;) I'm ready for fall just not winter.

Diann said...

Your pocketbook card is quite lovely and your Aunt will be quite happy with it! Oh, it must be nice to feel Autumn approaching...not yet here in NC but I love the season too. Diann

Dorothy said...

So cute Kathy!